SwissTrails Team 2016
SwissTrails was set up in 2004 by Ruedi Jaisli. He was a pioneer in adventure and experiences tourism in Europe and Switzerland and set up the first long-distance cycle route in Switzerland with Eurotrek in 1993. As an author of "Skatelines Switzerland" , "Trans Swiss Trail No. 1" and "Trans Swiss Trail No. 2" (all published in German by WERD) he revised the concept and course of 5 national long-distance walking and skating routes, opening them up to bookings. Today, all of these routes are part of the SchweizMobil project.
SwissTrails is responsible for bookings across all 23 national routes in all 5 areas of the SchweizMobil project – cycling, walking, mountain biking, skating and canoeing. In addition to its package offers, SwissTrails also offers its customers the chance to devise their own individual travel programmes lasting as long as they wish with "SwissTrails à la carte" along with the convenience of pre-booked accommodation and luggage transfer.
The SwissTrails contract partners include:
- approx. 200 hotels predominantly in the 3- and 4- star category at all stage destinations
- all 52 Swiss youth hostels as well as 200 simple budget accommodation establishments
- about 90 establishments offering the "sleep in straw" option
- camping tcs for the new "Bike & Camp" category
- Rent a Bike, Biketec Flyer und TDS Impuls for bike hire
- WERD Verlag, AT Verlag and SwissSports Publishing for route guides
- 39 tour operators in Switzerland, Germany and across the world (current list under ‘links’)
- The SchweizMobil syndicate which includes 25 tourist regions and organisations and supports the marketing of the offers available
SwissTrails organises daily luggage transfer between accommodation points across all national long-distance routes. Our SwissTrails couriers are on hand every day across the country to provide our customers with this important service – even in the farthest-flung mountain valleys!
A Helpline +41 (0)43 422 60 22 is available to our guests 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. You can also contact the SwissTrails team at any time during your bicycle or hiking tour.